Always There - Carol Ann Albright-Eastman

My Thoughts:

Firstly, I have never experienced this type of loss. Well both parents still alive. I only have 2 aunts and 3 cousins and I never knew my grandparents, so I was not impacted quite the same as others but non the less I still empathized the loss.

I didn't know what to honestly expect when given the opportunity to read this book. Well I can say that its pretty damn awesome. Although I have never truly felt the loss of a loved one the author has written the book in such a way that the emotions are pulled out of me.

Let me say that Shelby is one strong woman, I do not know how she keeps surviving the loss of family members. I would have been like this.

We find Shelby at a funeral of her last remaining Aunt, her Aunt Lila. Shelby is the type of person that for some reason pushes people that get to close away from her. As I read the book further I began to understand why and it really helped me to realize a few things in me. I loved the way the author had dual points of view. The other perspective that we get to see is Bethany, Shelby's deceased mother.
I know seems weird but trust me it works. We get to see Bethany's side of things and get to see how much she truly cares and loves her children even though she can not physically be with them. Like any mother she just needs reassurance that her kids are living to her full expectations of them. I cried at certain points only because I can put myself in Shelby's place and think how it would feel to never be able to pick up the phone to call my mom and just say "I love you" and hear her say it back. Or even Bethany's POV to be a mother and not knowing how your children are coming along without you there to help guide them.
My emotions where brought forth in ways I didn't even know they could be. There is a point in the book where I said "HOLY SHIT" it surprised me to see that.

All in all I have to say that even though I have never experienced true loss such as this, I still cried, still felt overwhelmed with sadness but what I took away from this book is even bigger, we are never promised tomorrow so we must live this life to its fullest. Love your children, hug, kiss embrace them. Call your mother/father/aunt/uncle/sister/brother whom ever and say I love you just because and just let those little things go. We learn and grow from one another. There were times I did laugh, or get frustrated, and obviously cried, but it showed me just how wonderfully written this book is.
I have to say Thank you to the author for creating a book that touched me deeply that I never want to waste a precious second of my life with those I love.

I rated this book 4.5/5 hearts